Sign up to get the Chamber's Newsletter "Straight from the Hart
firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
Six FlagsTickets Only $38
White Water Tickets $32
Now thru October!
Tickets at the gate are $54.99
Tickets can be purchased at
the Hart Co. Chamber of Commerce.(706) 376-8590
We gladly accept cash or credit cards at the Chamber office.
Leadership Hart 2013 is now accepting applications!
The Hart County Chamber
of Commerce is partnering with the Hart County Archway Partnership to sponsor Leadership Hart. Leadership Hart is a local initiative to contribute to the economic development of Hart County by continually building leadership skills in our community. Leadership Hart is seeking a diverse and enthusiastic group of candidates for this year’s program, which will run from October 2013 to May 2014
Applications are available at the Chamber office at 31 East Howell St. or you may print an application here. Deadline to apply is July 27, and tuition for the program is $200. A limited number of scholarships may be available. The class will focus on developing leadership skills, building our community, and developing tourism, while focusing on challenges in local education, health, government, and the area economy. Participants will select a class project that will directly address a special need in Hart County.
Chamber Map of Hartwell & Hart County!
The cost of the map is $3 and can be purchased at the Hart County Chamber of Commerce. If you choose to have the map mailed to you within the United States , the cost is $4. The automobile stickers are $2. If you want one of these stickers mailed to you within the United States , the cost is $2.44 for each sticker. Please have your checks made out to the Hart County Chamber of Commerce. Mail it to P.O. Box 793 . Hartwell , GA 30643 .
Do you know a child not signed up for the FREE Imagination Library program? The child could be receiving free books mailed directly to their home. This child must be between birth and age five and live in Hart County. To register your child call Hart Partners at 706-376-7449.
Georgia Work Force Ready Testing (GWF)
- The upcoming testing dates are now being booked. Individuals must make an testing appointment ahead of time by calling 706-376-7449. The Work Force Ready testing will take place at the Adult Learning Center, next to the Library on Benson Street in Hartwell.
- The GWF testing people will try to accommodate special requests from employers or placement agencies to get someone in as quickly as possible. Individuals may retake sections after completing the on-lilne tutoring course - whether to pass a section that needs to be completed for a certificate or to improve a score to upgrade their certificate to another level.
- Those who are unemployed may be eligible for the "incentive" (a $100 gift card to help with job hunting expenses) when they pass and receive a certificate.
- Individuals who are interested in taking the Work Ready Testing, should call (706)376-7449 . The last four digits of the applicant's social security number, the birth date, correct spelling of name and a telephone contact are required.
- Test takers should be prepared to stay approximately four hours, as they will be taking four sections. These sections are Reading, Applied Math, Locating Information and the Talent Assessment. PHOTO ID REQUIRED AT CHECK IN.
- There is no charge for anyone who is a Georgia resident. Retakes of individual sections are possible with appropriate on-line study time. Retakes (up to two times) are possible to pass a section and achieve the certificate the certificate or to improve the certificate level.